Gardeners gloves protect your hands from blisters, thorns and cuts while doing rough work like digging or pruning in the garden. Investing in one or more pairs of quality gloves is a good decision and a great investment.
Here are some tips on how to choose the appropriate pair that will suit your needs the best:
1. Look for quality leather garden gloves with a back cloth; this will let the gloves breathe and keep your hands dry, cool and comfortable. Goatskin gardening gloves are one option. There are also deerskin garden gloves available as well.
2. If mud bothers or effects you, select rubber gloves with a cotton lining inside. The cotton keeps your hands warm while digging deep into the cool mud.
3. When spraying pesticides or chemicals choose gloves that are made from neoprene, a synthetic rubber. Gloves made from latex or any other type of plastic may not offer the best protection if the chemicals should happen to penetrate the glove and get onto your hands.
4. There are gardening gloves for roses available in the market as well. These extra long gardening gloves reach all the way up the arms which makes them perfect for pruning rose bushes.
5. If you usually operate large garden power tools, buy gloves in the color brown instead of red as the latter may dye your hands when your hands become wet or sweaty.
6. Light cotton or even fingerless gloves may be useful for transplanting seedlings. They will allow more dexterity and also help to prevent the tiny roots from being crushed.
7. And of course, make sure that the gloves you buy actually fit your hands. If you have small hands, try the children’s gardening section. There’s nothing worse than trying to garden in gloves that are too big.
Your gloves must be comfortable as well as give protection to best serve your gardening needs.
This is but a small excerpt from my new ebook: Holistic Herbs ~ A Beginners Guide to Herbal Gardening. If you would like to learn more about Holistic Herbs, Landscape and Garden design, Click Here! to grab your copy today!
Learn More About Natural Herbal Cures!
Free Bonus Book Here!
Other Articles of Interest: